Please take a moment to vote for your favorite works in our
Help us determine the top Book!
Vote in each round to advance your favorite works. You do not have to have read all the works to participate, see how below.
Short on time? Read one paragraph, page, or chapter from each work and see which styles you like the most. Pay attention to:
- Sentence length, structure, variation, and position.
- The use of sensory details, figurative language, and other literary devices.
- The use of sound devices–alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhythm, repetition.
- The use of dialogue.
- Word choice.
- The use of local color (literary: idioms and slang).
- The use of irony.
For our graphic section, look at a few panels, pages, or chapters and pay attention to:
- The way of drawing (such as the degree of stylization, the amount of and types of lines used, etc.)
- Mise en scène and framing
- The type of coloring
- Formal appearance of verbal elements
- Word choice and feel
- The use of sound devices–alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhythm, repetition
- The use and structure of dialogue.